New and safe nucleic acid stain for the visualization of nucleic acids in agarose and polyacrylamide gels.
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
SafeView™ are a new and safe nucleic acid stains for the visualization of nucleic acids in agarose and polyacrylamide gels. This dye eliminates the need for toxic Ethidium Bromide (EtBr, a potent mutagen), commonly used in gel electrophoresis.
• Easy to Use: SafeView™ directly replaces EtBr. View and document your results as you would with EtBr staining. SafeView™ can be viewed under UV light or blue light
• Safe: Non-carcinogenic.
SafeView™ Classic Detect as little as 0.1 – 0.3 ng of DNA per gel band.
SafeView Plus™ Detect as little as 0.05 – 0.1 ng of DNA per gel band.
SafeView™ FireRed Detect as little as 0.3 – 0.6 ng of DNA per gel band.
• Unique: SafeView™ Classic is the only nucleic acid stain that can differentiate DNA and RNA in gels, by staining DNA green (max emission 520 nm) and RNA red (max emission 635 nm).
Note: All Safeview™ Classic, SafeView™ FireRed, and Safeview™ Plus will work with blue light.
1. Prepare a 100 ml agarose or polyacrylamide solution.
2. Add 5 μl SafeViewTM Classic / SafeViewTM FireRed to the gel solution.
3. Mix gently; the solution should have no air bubbles.
4. For agarose gel, let the solution cool down to 60 - 70oC and cast the gel. For polyacrylamide gel, add APS and TEMED and cast the gel according to regular polyacrylamide gel casting protocol.
5. Run gel electrophoresis with 5 μl SafeViewTM Classic / SafeViewTM FireRed per 100 ml buffer. 6. View the results under UV or blue LED light.
Protocol SafeView Plus™ can be used as a substitute for ethidium bromide for post electrophoresis DNA staining. There is no need to add it to the electrophoresis buffer or casting gel. The fl uorescence has an excitation maxima at approximately 490 nm.
1. Prepare staining solution by diluting SafeView Plus™ 1:5,000 - 1:10,000 in TE, TAE or TBE buffer.
2. After performing electrophoresis, place the dye-free gel in a plastic container and cover with the staining solution. Ensure the box is covered to protect the contents from light. Agitate gently and incubate at room temperature for 10 - 40 minutes.
3. No destaining is required - visualize results directly under UV light.
4. The staining solution may be resused up to 4 times. Keep stored at 4°C and protected from light. Do not store the solution in glass containers, as these surfaces adsorb the dye in the solution, reducing the staining effi cacy.